You have the ring. You have the dress. You have your wedding venue booked. Now it’s time to book your wedding florist! It may seem overwhelming, so we have created a list of questions to ask your wedding florist before you book them. Any reputable wedding florist should have the answer to all of these questions and answer without hesitation. Beware anyone who sidesteps or gives you less than clear answers! It’s your big day; you don’t want to risk something as important as your flowers to a wedding florist who isn’t 100% honest and up front.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Florist
- Have you done many weddings? This is the best way to find out how much experience this particular wedding florist has. Expertise is important because a florist who has done many weddings should be able to understand all the intricacies of working with different styles, budgets, timelines, and changes.
- Can you work with my budget? This one may be obvious, but it’s important to know right off the bat if this wedding florist will be able to work within the constraints of your budget. Most florists can work with a large range of budgets, but it’s important to establish budget early on so your wedding florist can provide suggestions and ideas.
- Are you available for my date and how many other weddings are you doing that weekend? This is a good question to ask early on as well to make sure the florist will be able to provide what you need on your wedding date.
- Do you drop off and set up at my venue? Most florist will provide this service, but make sure you clarify any extra fees for delivery, set up, and if desired, clean up.
- Can I see pictures or live examples of your work? Never choose a wedding florist without first seeing as many examples of their work as possible. You want to make sure they are capable of creating flowers in the style you like.
- Who will be creating my arrangements? Many times the floral designer you meet with will not be the one creating your actual arrangements. If you really hit it off with a particular florist and feel like they really understand your vision, don’t be afraid to request that they be the one to actually create your arrangements. It may or may not be possible, but it never hurts to ask!
- What other services do you provide? You may be able to tackle more than one item on your to-do list by asking this question. Many florists also rent linens, candles, runners, and other centerpiece and table decor.
- How do you handle payments? Ask to view an actual floral contract. When is the deposit due? How much is the deposit? When is the final payment due? Are there any other fees I should be aware of? What is your cancellation policy? These are all questions you should go over with your florist before booking.
- Have you worked with my wedding venue before? If so, they may have some ideas and photos of what works best in your venue. If not, ask if they will accompany you to a venue walk-through prior to finalizing your designs, and if so, find out if there is an additional fee for this service.
- Can you create arrangements based off inspiration pictures? If you are like most brides, you have been pinning gorgeous bouquets to your wedding board daily. If your heart is set on particular arrangements, make sure you ask if the wedding florist is able to recreate these, and if not exactly, what can they recommend that is similar? Ask them if it is possible for a sample arrangement to be created prior to signing a contract and what the fee might be for that service.
We hope these questions to ask your wedding florist before you book have helped you feel less overwhelmed as you plan your wedding!
One final tip: Print this list and take it with you as you meet with potential florists!
In the Salt Lake City, Utah area? The Rose Shop is a full-service wedding florist with 3 convenient locations along the Wasatch Front. We would love to meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your upcoming wedding plans! Contact us to schedule.